Wednesday 16 January 2013

Preliminary Task

Premlininary Task: Through the Looking Glass


In my preliminary filming task my role was to direct the segment of film we created in my group, this consists of Michael Cartledge, Abbey Evans and Jack McKnight. We used a range of different camera shots but chosen three specific shots to include; the 180 degree rule, match on action and eye line match.
   The 180 degree rule is a guideline that editors use regarding the on-sceen spatial relationship between two characters. I incorporated it in my work by how the actors in my video, displayed a conversation over top secret transfer over a memory stick containing significant information.
   Match on action or 'Cut out Action' is a component of seamless editing where is a point of action (like handling something to someone) is shot from different angles and cut at the point of action creating a match. I incorporated it in my work by how we use a close up on the handing over of the memory stick emphasising the significance of the item.
   Eye line match is editing from the camera to show the view points of the characters used. E.g. people having a conversation and putting a camera in their line of sight so its like we see what they see. I incorporated it in my work by how we used shots, from our characters eye line, to specify their view of the conversation talking about the memory stick.
In my opinion I think the overall filmmaking process went well in my group because our film turned out probably better than we expected. I found it interesting how directors use so many camera shots and angles to create a film, and we found it easy to change each shot/ angle but the downsides to the process was that the actors occasionally looked at the camera whilst we were recording and also the background noise was loud from the college. An upside to the process was that we were confident and seemed to know what we were doing.
Adobe premiere was very interesting to learn about because there was so much techniques to use and make your film look professional for transitions, I learned that you could dissolve, etc clips of your film to create suspense and a change in scene (one to another). For sound, we used a program called Incompetech to include music in the background and another program called Garage Band to include simple noises such as dog barking, sirens, etc. We used the titles bar to add text into our film to educate people what the film is called and who has made it. Through the overall editing I have learned a great deal, been as though I've never done it before, and I feel I will become greater with this technique through the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment