Wednesday 13 February 2013

Questionnaire- Research

Questionnaire Results

 In my questionnaire, my first question was "What sub-genre do you enjoy most about thriller films". My research has found out that psychological thrillers are the most viewed/ enjoyed in the present era just for the fact they make you think about films more and they mess with your head. So i will take the idea into consideration when making/ planning my film.


In my questionnaire, my second question was "How often do you watch thriller films". My research has found out that people don' watch as many as 0-3 thriller films a week. This shows that thriller films aren't the most popular genre within the media industry, inconsideration to this i feel thrillers need to be viewed more and so i will make a thriller film.



In my questionnaire, my third question was "What gender do you prefer the protagonist to be in a thriller". My research has found out that a male sex is the most wanted protagonist. This may be because males are seen as the best to scare in some peoples opinion, this will effect my decision on choosing my right actor/actress.



In my questionnaire, my fourth question was "What gender do you prefer the antagonist to be in the thriller". My research has found out that a male sex is the most wanted antagonist. This may be because males are seen as quite dominant/ big figures and can easily lose control.


In my questionnaire, my fifth question was "How would you like a thriller to start". My research has found out that people find it better that their is an opening sequence to the film to get audiences into the mood. This people do not want to waste time during and after the film to see who made it and directed it etc. With this in mind i shall create an opening sequence to my film that i will make.


In my questionnaire, my sixth question was "What words first come to your mind when people say 'Thriller". My research has found out that the most common word is scary because this is one of the emotions people want to feel whilst watching a thriller.


In my questionnaire, my seventh question was "What grabs your attention in a Thriller storyline". My research has found out that a mysterious figure/psychological dilemma is a popular attention seeker because it makes audiences think why they are happening.


In my questionnaire, my eighth question was "What factors, from a thriller film, have the best impact on your emotions". My research has found out that music create the best atmosphere for emotion. I think this is because it makes you jump and the different dynamics and tempo make you think.


In my questionnaire, my nineth question was "What do you find most intriguing about thrillers". My research has found out that suspense/ excitement is the best to draw people in to watch thriller films. I think its because it keeps you on the edge of your seat wanting to know whats going to happen next.


In my questionnaire, my tenth question was "What builds suspense in a thriller film". My research has found out that people find the audio sounds to be the most suspensive feature to a film because they make you jump to create fear which is what thrillers are known to do just like horrors.


No comments:

Post a Comment